Solar lights can be tailored on your requirements. A solar lighting system will need to differ from country to country and different projects require lights to work at different times. We can pre-programme the lighting to your requirements before they arrive to site.
- The sunshine hours per day or the exact city the street lights will be installed
- How many continuous rainy days in the raining season there? (It matters because we have to make sure the light can still work in 3 or 4 raining days with little sunshine)
- The brightness of LED lamp (50Watt, for example)
- Working time of solar light every day (10 hours, for example)
- The height of the poles, or the width of road
- It is best to offer the pictures on the locations where the solar lamps going to be installed
A sun hour is a unit of measurement of the intensity of sunlight on the earth at a given time that can be used for generation of solar power, recognizing factors such as climate and weather. A full sun hour is measured as the intensity of sunlight at noon, whereas less than a full sun hour will result during the hours before and after noon.
- Solar Panel: mininum 25 years of power generation capacity, and a 10 year warranty
- LED Light: Mininum 50.000 hours life span, with 2-year all inclusive warranty – covers everything on the LED street lights, including lamp holder parts, power supply, radiatior, scaling gasket, LED modules & lens
- Battery- LiFepo4 lithium battery has a 5 to 7 years life span , with a 3-year warranty
- Controller inverter and all the electronic parts: Minimum 8 years by ordinary usage, with a 3- year warranty
- Entire product has a three year warranty
Electrical energy is stored in the battery daily, some of that energy is used to operate the light at night. Our solar lighting is designed so that the battery will operate the light for five nights without charging. Even after a series of cloudy days, there will be more than enough energy in the battery to power the light each night. The solar panel will continue to charge the battery at a reduced rate even in cloudy weather conditions.
Sun-lite’s solar controller uses a photocell and/or timer to control when the light will turn on, when the sun goes down, and to turn off when the sun comes up. The photocell detects when the sun comes down and when the sun comes up again. The lamp lasts between 8-14 hours, and this time varies on the individual customer’s needs.
The solar controller uses an internal timer that is pre-set for a specific number of hours this tells when to switch the light off. If the solar controller is set to leave the light on until dawn, it determines when the sun will rise (and when to switch the light off) by means of voltage readings from the solar panel array.
There is no regular maintenance required for a solar lighting system. However, it is helpful to keep the solar panels clean, if you are in a dusty environment then it is beneficial to clean the solar panels.
Batteries are shipped 85% charged. The batteries will be at 100% charged within two weeks of operation.
Gel battery are also known as VRLA (valve regulated lead-acid) batteries or gel cells. They contain acid that has been gelled by the addition of silica gel, turning the acid into a solid mass. They contain less acid than a regular battery.
The system voltage of our all-in-one solar power lamps is 12VDC